Faculty & Staff Councils
Black Faculty and Staff Council
The Black Faculty and Staff Council (BFSC) was established in 1978 with the following objectives:
- To facilitate interaction among Black faculty, staff, and students
- To address issues at the university that are of vital and mutual concern
- To promote the professional development of Black faculty and staff
- To motivate and encourage Black students to excel in their academic endeavors and to support them in their efforts to present a positive image on campus
- To plan and work toward the full growth and development of the larger community.
Membership is open to all faculty, administrators, fellows, and staff employed by Indiana Univeristy Purdue University Indianapolis, or its affiliates who support the mission of the Council.
For additional information, please email BFSC@iupui.edu.