Dr. Joseph T. Taylor Awards for Excellence in Diversity
In honor of Dr. Joseph T. Taylor, the first dean of the IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI, this is a call for nominations and applications for the 13th annual IUPUI Excellence in Diversity Awards.
The 25th Annual Joseph Taylor Symposium
Politics. Race. Place.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
IUPUI Campus Center, 420 University Blvd.
Theater (lower) Level 8:00a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The 2014 symposium is presented by the IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI in partnership with the Department of Political Science and the Polis Center, with support from the Spirit & Place Festival, IUPUI Democracy Plaza, and the IUPUI Common Theme Project. The awards will be conferred by Chancellor Charles R. Bantz during the 25th Annual Joseph T. Taylor Symposium on February 25, 2014. Award recipient(s) will be selected from nominations or applications submitted by faculty, staff or students in recognition of exemplary IUPUI individuals, academic and support programs, events, policies and activities that have led to one or more of the following:
- Institutional Leadership and Commitment-Clarity of expectations, resource investment, and accountability at all levels of leadership.
- Curricular and Co-Curricular Transformation-Incorporation of principles of multiculturalism, pluralism, equity and diversity into the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Campus Climate-The degree to which the events, messages, symbols, values of the campus make it a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Representational Diversity-The degree to which the campus attracts, retains, and develops students, faculty, and staff of color.
- IUPUI Community in issues related to race, class, or gender through innovative curriculum, research, programs or events.
Kim D. Kirkland
IUPUI Office of Equal Opportunity
Taylor Diversity Awards
980 Indiana Avenue, Room 1164
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 274-2306
Fax: (317) 274-3963