In response to multiple requests to learn more about race, racism and how to dismantle racist policies, DEI scheduled a yearlong discussion of Ibram X. Kendi’s How to Be An Antiracist. These sessions offer IUPUI staff and faculty the opportunity to read and discuss the book in small groups while the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors and Deans read the same text as part of the Chancellor’s monthly leadership meetings.
Listen to Ibram X. Kendi here.
How it works
• Sign up for one of the monthly sessions below (always the 2nd week of each month) for one hour.
• Agree to read 2-3 (usually 2) chapters each month.
• Show up each month ready to talk about the readings.
• Turn your cameras on! No multitasking, please!
• Once your participation and session are confirmed, we’ll mail a copy of the book to the address you provide, as well as the Zoom link for your group.
Select a group
Select one of the following webinar groups to attend:
Group 1 Mondays at 12 p.m. (9/14 - 5/10)
Group 2 Tuesdays at 12 p.m. (9/8 - 5/11)
Group 3 Wednesday at 12 p.m. (9/9 - 5/12)
Group 4 Thursdays at 12 p.m. (9/10 - 5/13)
Group 5 Fridays at 12 p.m. (9/11 - 5/14)
Group 6 Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. (9/8 - 5/11)
Group 7 Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. (9/9 - 5/12)
Group 8 Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. (9/10 - 5/13)
Group 9 Tuesdays at 8 a.m. (9/8 - 5/11)
Group 10 Wednesdays at 8 a.m. (9/9 - 5/12)
If the group is full, you will not be able to sign up. A wait list will be created when all groups are full.