- All applicants must be permanent US residents or US citizens.
- First Year Students: Must meet IUPUI regular admission requirements and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer students are only considered for
Current IUPUI students
Current IUPUI students may apply if they have a minimum GPA of 3.2. They may not have more than 30 credit hours and must meet all other guidelines.
Steps to Apply
To apply to the Norman Brown Diversity and Leadership Scholarship (NBDLSP), you must first submit an Indiana University Scholarship General Application for the Academic Year 2018-2019 by completing the following steps:
Go to One.IU
Search for Scholarships
Click on the Scholarships task and log in
If you are new to the Indiana University scholarship system, be sure to complete your General Application to see a list of all recommended scholarship opportunities.
Search Norman Brown within Recommended Opportunities
If NBDLSP is not in your Recommended Opportunities, Click Ours under Opportunities in the dark gray navigation bar along the top instead and search with the keyword “Norman Brown”.
Additionally, applicants must submit with their application:
- Official high school and/or college transcript(s).
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a teacher/faculty member)
- Personal essay response - double-spaced, typed, and no longer than three complete pages
Feb 15, 2019The application will not be available until September 2018.
A selection committee will review all application materials and make award decisions. Determining factors include:
- Academic Achievement
- Employment or Volunteer/Service Experiences
- Demonstrated Leadership
- History of Overcoming Disadvantages
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
For first time, incoming freshman the award is $5,000 tuition/$8,000 housing (housing stipend is only offered if students chooses to live on campus). The total is up to 13,000 an academic year and is renewable for up to 8 semesters. For current transfer students, the amount is $5,000 per academic year.