Housed in the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at IUPUI, the Office of Intercultural Literacy, Capacity and Engagement (ILCE) will coordinate personalized workshops, discussions and programming designed to provide the knowledge, skills and tools for individuals to work across differences. ILCE will facilitate collaboration with the professionals in all DEI units including Adaptive Educational Services, LGBTQ+ Center and Multicultural Center, all of which boast long-standing training programs.
Representatives, both on- and off-campus, desiring more in-depth discussions, trainings and workshops can work with the ILCE professionals to develop unique sessions designed to meet more specific needs.
Intergroup Dialogue, a facilitated “face-to-face conversation between members of two or more social identity groups that strives to create new levels of understanding, relating and action” will join the Office of Intercultural Literacy, Capacity and Engagement in August 2016, providing another powerful tool for IUPUI community members in search of a more in-depth connection and understanding of one another.
- Intergroup Dialogue Certificate Leadership & Support
- Intergroup Dialogue Training Units in invited lecture capacity
Research & Resources
- To support the retention and success of IUPUI faculty whose social identities and/or teaching and research intersect with the goals of The Division Of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. ILCE will:
- Facilitate the Power, Difference & Culture Writing Group(s) for Junior Faculty
- Host the Power, Difference & Culture Speaker Series
- Provide resources for faculty wishing to diversify their syllabi
- Maintain a digital file & catalogue of all resources given to faculty
- Coordinate the DEI ScholarWorks Digital Repository in the University Library
ILCE will host monthly Critical Conversations – BYOL where participants engage a timely issue over the lunch hour. These Critical Conversations will coordinate with the Chancellor’s Diversity Lecture Series, offering an informal collegial space to dialogue about issues of social justice, equity, and inclusion. CC-BYOLs are open to IUPUI faculty, staff, students and the Indianapolis community.
Create and convene Topical Events and Symposiums fostering critically engaged discourse around issues pertaining to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within The IUPUI Community.