Prospective and current students who have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to diversity, service and leadership are encouraged to apply for the NBDLSP.
All applicants must be permanent US residents or US citizens.
First Year Students: Must meet IUPUI regular admission requirements and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer Students: Transfer students are only considered for fall semester and must meet the IUPUI regular admission criteria. Preference is given to transfer students who have completed 12 credit hours, but no more than 30 credit hours. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale and be enrolled as a full time student.
Current IUPUI Students: Current IUPUI students may apply if they have a minimum GPA of 3.2. They may not have more than 30 credit hours and must meet all other guidelines.
Additionally, applicants must submit with their application:
- Official high school and/or college transcript(s).
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a teacher/faculty member)
- Personal essay response - double-spaced, typed, and no longer than three complete pages
A selection committee will review all application materials and make award decisions. Determining factors include:
- Academic Achievement
- Employment or Volunteer/Service Experiences
- Demonstrated Leadership
- History of Overcoming Disadvantages
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity