How to Request Accommodations
Accessible Educational Services (AES) is the student disability services office that approves reasonable accommodations for IUPUI, IUPUC, IUFW, and IU School of Medicine students. The process for requesting accommodations begins with 3 easy steps:
- Gather current medical Documentation that describes the diagnosis and the impact of a disability.&
- Complete the online Accommodation Request form.
- Participate in an intake interview.
What Happens Next?
- AES staff review the request, including the medical documentation.
- AES staff will contact you to schedule an intake appointment with an Accessibility Specialist.
- Meet with your Accessibility Specialist for an intake appointment at the agreed-upon time.
- Most students will know their approved accommodations by the end of the intake appointment and the Accessibility Specialist will walk you through the next steps (which includes what to do with your Letter of Accommodation).