Back for the fourth year in a row, the Tunnel of Oppression is an interactive production created by the Social Justice Scholars, Resident Assistants, and other dedicated staff and students. The Tunnel aims to highlight contemporary social justice issues and to introduce participants to the concepts of oppression, micro aggressions, and the “isms” faced by numerous communities in today’s society. Participants are guided through a series of scenes that aim to educate and challenge them to think critically about issues of oppression. At the end of the tour, participants are provided with the opportunity to discuss their experiences with each other through a guided facilitation led by a faculty or staff member.
We are pleased to announce that the Tunnel of Oppression Fall 2016 will be taking place in the IUPUI Campus Center on the entire fourth floor for 2.5 days on
- November 8th from 9:30am-9:00pm
- November 9th from 10:00am-9:00pm
- November 10th from 10:00am-12:30pm
In order to create a successful Tunnel, we need a vast amount of support! There are numerous opportunities and ways to get involved! No experience needed! We're looking for volunteers for the following roles:
- Actor/performer (roleplay in various scenes)
- Audio/Lights Technician (in charge of turning on/off lights in between scenes and playing audio/videos for the different rooms)
- Registration (help people sign in and register for the event)
Please sign up on Tunnel of Oppression Fall 2016 Volunteer Form on how to get involved!