The Social Justice Scholars is a program that focuses on student-led programming for the entire IUPUI campus and designed to provide passionate students with an opportunity to develop programs based on their interests. Students are selected by their commitment to social justice and interest in providing a welcoming place for all students at IUPUI.
The Social Justice Scholars (SJS) program is broken down into seven major programming areas, each of which are described below. Each program is operated by two students who plan implement and evaluate 2 programs a month. The 17 Scholars and their programs provide different levels of engagement through a variety of platforms.
Social Justice Scholars seeks new members on an annual basis. The timeline for applications and acceptance into the program is as follows:
- February 1st: Social Justice Scholarship Application Opens
- March 5th: Scholarship applications are due
- March 9th: Applicants will be offered interviews
- March 30th: Scholarships are offered
- April 6th: Last day to accept scholarship offer
Check back here in February for the application link!