BSU is an organization, whose primary concern is to assist students in their educational endeavors. Realizing that students have needs outside the educational institutions, the BSU attempts to provide supportive services, which may or may not be directly educationally related, yet equally important to the educational experience.
The purpose of the Black Student Union shall be to bring about a union of university students, faculty, staff and alumni of similar high ideals of academic achievement, leadership, and community uplift in order.
• To stimulate the attainment of similar high ideals and achievement among members and nonmembers;
• To assist it’s members in the achievement of their academic and career goals;
• To encourage and foster programs of special interest to black students, IUPUI, and the black community;
• To cooperate with appropriate university administrators in the development of such programs;
• To operate in a progressive, helpful and constructive manner in the university and Indianapolis communities;
• To prepare its members for greater usefulness in the causes of humanity, freedom, and dignity of the individual;
Taylor Hall, First Floor
Student Organization Suite, Fifth Desk